Dear Friend, Neighbor, & Constituent,
The 2018 campaign cycle running up to the Democratic Primary Election is upon us and I’m writing to ask you to support me in my bid to represent our values in the Maryland House of Delegates.
I ask for your support first and foremost because I am present, committed to serving the public interest, and responsive in addressing issues facing our community. I have extensive experience in both the public sector, having taken on numerous leadership roles on civic boards throughout our community, and private sector in the healthcare industry. I have taken decisive action to improve our democracy through my work as the Host of Public Interest Podcast, and I encourage you to listen to an episode at http://www.PublicInterestPodcast.com.
I am running to represent you as a Fiscally Responsible Progressive. I am running to ensure that:
- People select their politicians, not the other way around. To this end he has proposed these innovations:
- September Primary: Moving the Primary Election back to September (from June) will increase voter turnout
- Presidential Year Elections: Aligning the state and county election cycle with the national election cycle will increase voter turnout
- No Gerrymandering: Ensuring that districts are drawn fairly in a non-partisan manner will translate into improved representation
- No Special Appointments: One-third of our state representation has been appointed to ‘elected’ office; elected officials should be elected, plain and simple
- Universal Healthcare Coverage is not only morally correct, it’s fiscally responsible
- 911 for primary care doesn’t work and results in increased health insurance premiums for everyone
- Prisons aren’t good places to treat the mentally ill and they’re costing us too much
- Infrastructure investments provide long term economic benefits to our community
- Dedicated state funding streams for:
i. WSSC: To keep clean water flowing out of faucets
ii. WMATA (Metro): To keep the trains running on time
iii. Pepco: To keep the lights on
iv. Roads: To keep traffic flowing
- Supporting Small Businesses, Opposing Corporate Welfare
- Oppose tens of millions of dollars in tax-credits for Netflix
- Oppose a half million dollars per year in tax-credits for Lockheed Martin
I ask that you strongly consider making a financial contribution to “Citizens for Jordan P. Cooper” as well. Your gift of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, or $1,000 will help us get the representation that we deserve in our state legislature. I humbly ask for your support in helping us rise to this great challenge. You can donate either online at http://www.Cooper4MD.com/p/contribute.html with your credit card or you can mail a personal check to Citizens for Jordan P. Cooper, C/O Peter J. Roehrich, Treasurer, 5634 46th Place, Hyattsville, MD 20781. Thank you for considering making an investment in our common future.
Democratic Candidate, D16
Maryland House of Delegates